Camp WOMAD is a where visitors to the WOMAD Festival in Charlton park look to if they want their tent pre-pitched and ready and waiting for their arrival, with luxuries such as airbeds, sleeping bags and pillows to lighten the load a bit more!
We have been asked to put our scouting skills to good use and construct the Camp WOMAD area – including the assembly and disassembly of around 350 tents – and to maintain these tents during the festival weekend.
We need approximately 20 people for both the build week and “un-build” week, and around 10 people to support during the festival week. The event is held at Charlton Park, near Malmesbury. Camping will be available for all Network members and hopefully Explorers too (permit permitting!). To keep a fair limit on people only coming for the festival weekend, Explorers will be able to come to the Festival only if they have committed for 3 days in the build and un-build weeks.
- Saturday 23rd – Wednesday 27th July – Build week
- Thursday 28th – Sunday 31st July – Festival Weekend
- Monday 1st – Wednesday 3nd August – Un-build week
This event will be open to both Network and Explorers, with Network taking a leadership and coordination role. Network sign-up is open immediately, with the event being opened to Explorers on the week of the 23rd May.
To get involved:
- Join the project here!
- Join the event in the Gloucestershire Network facebook group (WOMAD Music Festival)
- Confirm your availability on the doodle available here (http://doodle.com/poll/apw7s8393ru75tc7)