Local media advocates (disability) : A Million Hands+
Can you help Scout groups in your local area to promote the work they are doing to support Disability through the 'A Million Hands' initiative and to link them up with their local Guide Dogs Mobility Team?
We need you to:
- Go along to your local Scouts groups and interview them about the action they are taking.
- Take photos and videos and share them via social media.
- Create a video diary of how they are making a difference to the lives of people disabled by society.
- Introduce the groups to their local Guide Dogs Mobility Team and help to nurture their relationship.
- Seek progression opportunities for the Group and support them to take their action to the next level.
If you want to take on the role more officially, then you will have the opportunity to become a Media Assistant for Guide Dogs and receive a package of support as a registered volunteer with the charity.
Dependant on location of Network members and the local groups they are going to support.
Guide Dogs has local Mobility Teams based all over the UK: http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/aboutus/local-to-you
For more information contact:
Rachel Wilkinson – Rachel.Wilkinson@guidedogs.org.uk - 07785 907740
Annabel Williams – Annabel.Williams@guidedogs.org.uk - 0118 983 0183