Overseas Expedition and Funding Opportunity
As part of our on-going relationship with the British Exploring Society, we have been given access to some restricted funding and places for members of Scout Network (in the Channel Islands, certain areas of the North East of England and Scotland) to join some of their programmes for summer 2017. These opportunities are listed here:
- 3 week Trek Expedition : £2,500 + £1,200 (flights)
- 3 week Paddle Expedition : £3,100 + £1,200 (flights)
- 5 week Paddle & Trek Expedition : £3,900 + £1,200 (flights)
- 3 week Expedition: £2,700 + £920 (flights)
- 5 week Expedition: £3,400 + £920 (flights)
- 3 week Expedition: £2,900 + £1,100 (flights)
- 5 week Expedition: £3,500 + £1,100 (flights)
For the Channel Islands and certain areas of the North East of England...
British Exploring has been able to offer some funding towards these costs which is 20 x £1000 for young people from the Channel Islands and certain areas of the North East of England.
British Exploring has been able to offer some funding towards these costs which is 10 x £800 for Scotland.
In addition to these grants, Young people who may face hardship can apply to the International Fund, which can fund up to an additional £1,000 in addition to the BES funding pot.
To register an interest in this, please select the location above (Canadian Yukon, Indian Himalaya or Peruvian Amazon).
Please share this widely with Scout Network members locally and any questions please contact email@example.com
You can also join / follow this UK Scout Network Project: